Welcome to Charlotte Public Schools
We welcome you and your child to the Charlotte Orioles family. We are committed to providing your child with the best possible education. Our team of dedicated, professionally-trained teachers and caring staff are here to support your child along their educational journey.
Technology-infused classrooms, an award-winning performing arts program, an athletic program that focuses on youth development and an exceptional staff inspire even our youngest Orioles...let us inspire your child too.
Begin Enrollment Process
Step 1 - Online Registration
Step 2 - Gather Required Documents
- Certified Birth Certificate (Photocopies are not accepted, we will copy)
- Parent/Guardian ID (Copy of any court order establishing the right of custody if registering adult is not listed on the birth certificate)
- Current Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency (Driver’s License, Voter Registration, Property Tax Statement, Mortgage/Home Closing/Lease Documents, Utility Bill)
- Special Education Services Documentation if applicable
- Hearing and Vision Screening (DK & K Only)
- Other documents requiring your signature will be provided to you at your appointment
Step 3 - Meet with District Registrar
After the online registration is complete, the district registrar will call you to set up an appointment to finalize enrollment.
Optional Enrollment Process
- Print Enrollment Form Or Pick Up Packet Outside Aquatic Center
- Call Registrar to set up an appointment
- Gather required documents as listed above
NOTE: In order to provide the best transition for your child into Charlotte Public Schools, it may take up to two (2) school days for your child to be placed upon receipt of all enrollment paperwork.
DK and Kindergarten Age Requirement
If your child will be five years old on or before December 1, 2020, they are eligible to enroll for the 2020-2021 school year in either a Developmental Kindergarten or Kindergarten classroom. If your child’s birthday falls after September 1, a provided waiver will be required.